This is a common loss and may also lead to death.
- Ensure that smoke detectors are in proper working order.
- Have extinguishers in place in buildings and on equipment.
- Electricity must be respected.
- Have electrical wiring work completed by a certified electrician.
- Ensure that electrical appliances are "turned off" and candles are extinguished before leaving your home.
- Do not leave pots on the stove when you leave the kitchen.
- Use industrial grade receptacles for farm and shop installations.
- Proper installation and maintenance are important to wood burning appliances & should be completed by a WETT certified professional annually.
- Have your chimney swept.
- Do not leave candles unattended.